Advantages and disadvantages of IPL & Lasers
- IPLs are a lot cheaper to buy – ideal to test the market
- Can be more profitable than lasers since purchasing price is significantly lower
- Useful for skin rejuvenation
- Can treat multiple targets because it emits different wavelengths.
- Less effective technology for removing hair.
- Considered to be “jack of all trades masters of none”
- IPLs cannot safely be used on dark skin types
- Normally uses gel as cooling method which is messy
- IPLs are more uncomfortable – more intense flash of light.
- IPLs are slow – long pulse delivery.
- More effective & more selective
- Vapourises the hair – immediate satisfaction to client in comparison to IPL.
- More published clinical evidence for laser hair removal compared to IPL
- Penetrates deeper into the skin, more effective for darker thicker hairs – IPLs only penetrate 2mm.
- Better cooling devices, such as cold air, cryogen spray
- More expensive to buy
- Not as good as IPL for Red blush & Skin Rejuvenation.